The Hong Kong Maritime and Port Board is a high-level platform to provide strategic steer on the vision, direction and policy matters pertaining to the development of Hong Kong's maritime industry and Hong Kong Port. Specifically, the Board should —
- advise the Government on the formulation of policy and strategies to develop Hong Kong into a maritime services hub and drive the continuous growth of Hong Kong Port;
- steer, oversee and coordinate the implementation of measures and the industry's efforts relating to the development of the maritime and port industries in Hong Kong;
- promote Hong Kong as an international maritime centre and a major port in overseas and Mainland markets;
- foster a diversified maritime services community and attract investments in maritime undertakings in Hong Kong;
- formulate manpower development strategies and initiatives to address the needs of the maritime and port industries, and oversee the implementation of the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund; and
- undertake research and studies on international trends and practices for devising policies, strategies and initiatives.